GPS Tracker For A Trailer – Our Top Choice For 2023
Owners of cargo trailers, gooseneck trailers, flatbed trailers, or any other form of trailer with a truck, must protect their assets. Tracking the whereabouts of both the cargo being transported and the trailer itself is crucial as they hold significant value. This is the reason why people who own trailers have more frequently been researching trailer GPS tracking devices. But how can a trailer GPS tracker with no monthly fee provide heavy equipment monitoring and additional security? Let’s take a deeper look into trailer GPS tracking technology and find out what GPS device is our personal favorite!
LandAirSea – Best Trailer GPS Tracker With No Subscription Required
- No Monthly Fee GPS Tracker – One Year Of Unlimited Updates (60 Seconds)
- Track Your Trailer Instantly From iPhone or Android
- Never Worry About Trailer Theft Again!
DISCOVER WHERE YOUR TRAILER HAS REALLY BEEN!
LandAirSea is the first magnetic GPS tracker with no subscription fee designed for tracking trailers. For $269.00, you can attach this mini GPS tracker to a trailer and monitor the realtime location of your assets. The vehicle tracking device has a 6-month battery life (in low power mode) and a magnet mount that makes it easy to attach the GPS tracking system onto any type of trailer! To quickly recover your stolen property, set a geo-fence that alerts you the moment your trailer is stolen, and relay the information to law enforcement. Always know where your trailers are located. And remember, theft is only temporary with the LandAirSea realtime GPS!
Want to know another thing that is really cool about the LandAirSea portable trailer tracking devices for asset protection? They are waterproof, magnetic, portable, small, and easily hidden on any type of trailer! This means thieves will never realize a 4G GPS is monitoring the entire theft!
- Dimensions: 2.275 x 1.875 x 0.75 inches
- Weight: 1.4 ounces
- Monthly Fee GPS: No, One Year Of Service Included
- Battery Life: UpTo 6 Months On Low Power Mode (Rechargeable)
- GPS Accuracy: +/- 2.5 meters
- Cellular Network: 4G LTE
- Coverage: United States
- Water Resistance: IP66 Rated (Splash and Rainproof)
- Operating Temperature: -22°F to 158°F
- Motion Detection: Yes
- Historical Playback: Yes
- Alerts: Geofencing, speeding, low battery, and more
- Accessories Included: USB charging cable, magnetic mount, and user manual.
Things To Consider When Buying A Trailer GPS Tracking Device
If you’re looking to protect your trailer, a GPS tracking device can provide valuable peace of mind. But before you buy a trailer GPS tracker, here are some things you need to consider:
Accuracy. First, make sure the GPS tracking device has high accuracy. Having an accurate tracker will allow you to locate your trailer precisely and quickly in case of theft or loss.
Battery Life. Choose a device that has a battery life that will last as long as you need it to, especially if you plan to track the trailer for extended periods.
Coverage. Make sure the SIM GPS tracker will work in the areas where you plan to use it. That means in cellular coverage. The reality is some tracker devices only work in specific regions, so check the coverage map before purchase.
Real-Time GPS Tracking. Look for a device that provides real-time location updates. This feature will allow you to track your trailer’s movements in real-time, giving you immediate awareness of any unauthorized movement.
Alerts. Choose a device that can send you notifications for various events, such as when the trailer is moving, when it enters or exits a particular area, or when it needs maintenance.
Durability. The tracker device should be durable and able to withstand harsh weather conditions, especially if you use your trailer for long trips.
Monthly Subscription Fees. Finally, compare the cost of different devices to ensure you get the best value for your money. Consider the cost of any required monthly or annual subscriptions as well.
How Do I Protect My Trailer From Being Stolen? – 5 Easy Tips
- Invest In Wheel Locks: Wheel locks are an affordable and simple way you can prevent trailer theft. How? By locking the wheels in place. This makes it difficult for thieves to tow away your trailer. However, be sure to choose a high-quality lock that cannot be easily cut or broken.
- Avoid Keeping Valuables Visible From Outside: One way to discourage thieves from stealing your trailer is by not keeping valuables inside or visible from outside. Honestly, thieves are more likely to target a trailer that appears to have valuables inside. The reason? Most trailer theft is a crime of opportunity.
- Equip A Live GPS Tracker For Trailer Tracking To Asset: This can help you quickly recover your trailer if it is stolen. Live GPS trackers provide real-time tracking, so you can monitor the location of your trailer from your phone or computer.
- Be Mindful Of Where You Park Your Travel Trailer Or Any Other Style Of Trailer: When parking, choose a well-lit and visible area. This means a spot where security cameras are located.
- Block Doorways From Easy Entry: Another way to prevent trailer theft is by blocking the doorways to make it more difficult for thieves to gain entry into your travel trailer. By installing a hitch lock or coupler lock you can prevent thieves from hitching up your trailer.
One feature that is critical in trailer theft prevention is having a secondary power source. Most trailer GPS trackers require you to professionally install it to 12-volt power. Why? This results in continuous power to the tracking system. But what if that connection is disrupted by a thief who disconnects the tracker from your vehicle? Basically, the answer is you are screwed. This is why it is important for your real time GPS tracking device to have an internal battery.
If you’re researching how to secure a boat trailer from theft, how to secure a utility trailer from theft, or how to secure a travel trailer from theft, understand this. There is nothing more important than investing in a GPS tracker for trailers with long-lasting batteries. Preferably, wireless devices with internal batteries.
Related Article: Best Vehicle GPS Tracker Solutions With No Monthly Fees
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Track My Trailers?
With a trailer GPS tracker designed for trailer theft security! How GPS tracker devices can help increase asset tracking security for trailers is pretty simple. First, equip the battery-powered GPS tracker to the trailer you want to track. Next, the portable GPS will then provide real-time location updates of your trailers. Anytime you want to track your trailer all you need to do is use the free mobile app. This gives you real time access to the location of your trailers as well as historical data of where they have been.
Can An OBD2 Tracker Track My Stolen Trailer?
Unfortunately, no. A connected car OBD tracker such as Vyncs GPS tracker or the LandAirSea Sync does not have an internal battery. Therefore, they can’t be hidden on your trailer. These connected GPS trackers are only powered by OBDii ports so GPS data can’t be transmitted unless the GPS tracker devices are plugged into your vehicle. But you want to track your trailer, not the vehicle pulling it. The truth is, OBD port solutions are great GPS trackers for vehicles, but they will not work for trailer theft security. Therefore, a magnetic GPS that offers realtime location updates is the best solution for recovering a stolen trailer.
In What States Does Trailer Theft Happen Most?
First of all, you need to be aware that trailer theft can occur in any state. However, the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) reports that Texas, Florida, California, Georgia, and North Carolina had the highest number of reported trailer thefts in the United States in 2020. However, it’s important to note that these states may not necessarily have the highest rates of trailer theft per capita. Why? Because factors such as population density and law enforcement reporting practices can influence the number of reported thefts.
Why You Should Trust Us
As a GPS review website, it is crucial for us to maintain our credibility by providing truthful and unbiased reviews of the products we feature. Therefore, it is important to note that we have not been paid for anything said in this review about the LandAirSea GPS tracker for trailers. Our goal is to provide our readers with honest evaluations and assessments of the features, benefits, and drawbacks of each product, to help them make informed decisions when selecting a GPS tracker. We stand by the accuracy and impartiality of our reviews, and our main priority is to provide a valuable service to our readers.
You can learn more about our testing and evaluation process by clicking here.