I Want To Secretly Track My Son’s Car
Parental control is always important, but even more so if your teenage son has just got his license. Why? Because driving habits by teens will shape the way their driving behaviors are for life! That means if your son is driving recklessly and not obeying the speed limit he increases the likelihood of getting a traffic citation or being involved in a motor vehicle accident. So what can you do if you want to be able to track your son’s vehicle and make sure he is making good choices while behind the wheel? The answer is with GPS tracking devices for teen drivers that will give you the real time location of your son 24/7. This article will take a closer look at the best GPS trackers for vehicles, how they can improve driving habits, and most importantly, how tracking your son’s car can be a life-saving decision.
Related Article: 5 Best Teen Driving GPS Devices For Parents
How You’re Able To Track Your Teen Driver In 4 Easy Steps
GPS tracking systems are the best way you can know the exact location of your teen driver without him knowing. This makes it easy to know the car’s location, but more importantly, how fast your son is driving and where he is driving. The best part is GPS devices for parents can provide speed alerts if a teen is driving dangerously fast, as well as allow them to set up geofences to get notifications when a teen arrived safely at home or school. Here is how real time GPS trackers can help you monitor your teen’s car for unsafe driving in 4 easy steps!
- Decide What Type Of GPS Car Tracker You Want: First, you will need to decide whether you want a wireless vehicle tracker you can hide in your loved ones’ car or an OBD GPS car tracker that will be installed in the vehicle. OBD2 devices are commonly used in fleet tracking and will cost around $279 per device, but with no monthly service fee. The other option is a wireless GPS vehicle tracker that can be hidden in the car. These tracking systems will require activation fees and GPS data plans.
- Activate GPS Car Tracker: Once you purchased your GPS car tracker the next step is to activate the vehicle tracking device. This can be done online or by downloading any tracking apps to your mobile phone. This is how you will view location history and utilize any special features like setting up a geo-fence or speed alert.
- Place Device In Your Car: Now that your driver monitoring device is activated, the next step is placing the car GPS in the vehicle your teen will be driving. Popular spots to hide a GPS tracker include the glove box, under a seat, the OBD2 port, or underneath the vehicle.
- Track Your Teen Driver: With an active device in your car, you can now track your teenage driver and observe for any bad driving habits. GPS data is transmitted from the SIM card in the real time GPS and sent over a cellular network where you can see everywhere your teen is located and everywhere they have been!
Bad Driving Behaviors Parents Need To Know!
Using a car tracking device is a great way to get the realtime location of your teenager to make sure they are driving safely, but sadly, it is not going to record other dangerous driving behaviors. In this section, we will discuss the things GPS systems can’t help with, but bad driving behaviors that every parent needs to know!
- Teenager Not Wearing A Seatbelt
- Failure To Stop At Red Lights
- Using Cell Phones While Driving
- Drinking & Driving
- Playing Loud Music While Driving
- Driving With A Car Full Of Friends
- Operating A Vehicle While Sleepy
Speeding is the top factor in accidents among teen drivers, and realtime GPS trackers can help parents identify when that is occurring. However, keeping a close eye on speeding, monitoring cell phone use, and making sure your teen is being responsible while operating a motor vehicle, are all important if you want to raise a responsible safe driver.
The best way to track your teenage driver without him knowing is with vehicle location tracking systems such as the SpyTec STI GL300, Motosafety GPS, or Brickhouse Security Spark Nano 7. Any one of these tracker devices will allow you to get the exact location of your teen driver 24/7 so you can be sure bad driving habits aren’t occurring. With the tracking device for parents and the accompanied phone app, you can see how fast he is driving, where he is going, and so much more. This teen driving data will not only help you get peace of mind but can also provide driving coaching that might save your teen’s life.